Monday, September 26, 2011

My fun filled weekend

This weekend was great, it was fun , it was simply amazing! First, it started Friday night, I came  home from work and daddy was in charge of dinner, which translates to either pizza or Chinese food. The last couple of  Fridays, its been pizza because that's what Ralphy wants to eat. I really don't care what we eat as long as its well cooked and I'm not the one cooking it. Friday is mommy's day off from the kitchen. I heart Fridays




 Then came Saturday,usually we are up early because like my son says" I'm done sleeping" and Ralphy  is usually "done" sleeping by 7 in the morning and this Saturday was no exception. If you follow me on twitter, you know that the one thing I can't live without in the morning is coffee. Once I have my cup or two, I usually go to the gym with my mom and sister in law. This Saturday, was different. My cousin was visiting from New York and we hadn't seen each other in years. Needless to say, I was super excited to see her.

After my morning manicure and pedicure appointment with my mom, we got all dolled up and headed to South Beach. I live in Miami and I never go to South Beach because its just not my thing anymore, but since my cousin was visiting, we made it an event. We decided to meet at Monty's. Its a seafood type of place and its very yummy, Not only was it yummy, but the view was not too bad either. I enjoyed some great appetizers and Margaritas.

If you ever come down to South beach, this is a place you might  want to visit. Good food, good drinks great ambiance.





The ambiance was really amazing, but what made it even more special, was the fact that  it was  being enjoyed with family.  I hadn't seen my cousins in years and it was really nice to see everyone.

Sunday, is grandparents day. We took Ralphy to see my in laws and it was a very relaxing and low key evening. By the time we got home, Ralphy was knocked out and I got to relax with the hubby and watch  TV. Oh and did I mention that it was our 7th year anniversary? We didn't do anything special, just having some down time at the end of the day was enough for us. Perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

4 comments:

Oh Diane said...

I've traveled to Miami before to visit relatives, but I've never been to South Beach. It looks really nice. Maybe one day...

Alexandra Elizabeth said...

Fun Fun! I needs to visit FL! But I've always told myself, I'll never go unless I can flaunt myself around in a 2 piece confidently...and not the case now, so I shall wait!!
Glad you had a great weekend!

Alex said...

I live here and i never.. this was a special occasion.

Yes, you need to come down.. its fun:)

A Mommy in the City said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Happy belated anniversary!