Thursday, July 7, 2011

His obsession with Sprout TV



This post was once again inspired by Mama Kat's writing prompts. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you need to head on over to her site and get with it. Just kidding,not really, but you need to, its awesome. You sign up at her site and every Tuesday she will send you different prompts to blog about.  Once you get the prompt you want, you need to link to her site the following Thursday  and check out other awesome blogs, like this one and leave comments and as we all know the more love you give the more you will get in return,but I digress.

This week, one of the prompts was to  write a letter to  your  child's latest obsession and the reasons why you love or hate it.  So here it is a letter to my son's obsession: The Sprout channel.

Dear Sprout TV,

 I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the wonderful things you have taught Ralphy. He has learned to sing,dance and has even learned he's ABC's thanks to you. So I thank you.  I obviously love that your programming is geared to children, especially  to children he's age, so again I thank you.  There is really only one concern I have about this obsession and that is, when does it end? When do they move on? Please don't take this the wrong way,but if I hear the theme song to firemen Sam one more time, I think I will scream.

I must clarify that when I mean obsessed, I mean he is crazy-over the top -excited when he hears the theme songs for the wiggles or firemen Sam or Nina and star, Calliou, Angelina the ballerina ( or whatever her name is). As you can tell, he loves every show, at every minute of the day. In the mornings, he watches the Sunny side up show and  before bed time he watches Nina and Star. When does it stop? The other day I was at work and I had the  theme song to firemen Sam in my head! Seriously, I love you,but this needs to end. Thank God he goes to preschool because if not, I think I would have a real problem.

Oh and did  I mention, he can only watch it on the big TV of the house because that's where  we have the cable box, so hubby and I are stuck watching the smaller TV and no  we can't switch the box to the other TV, how dumb do I look? Don't answer that.

Sincerely,

Alex
Mama’s Losin’ It



Go ahead and tell me, what's your child's obsession?

4 comments:

A Mommy in the City said...

Haha! My daughter is obsessed with both Nick Jr. and Sesame Street right now. It's sad when I can't get the songs from her shows out of my head.

MommyLisa said...

My daughter loves Angelina Ballerina and made one with my mother out of a paper lunch sack. Her OBSESSIONS though are her Panda, and all things internet. She loves to "play" Zoodles and Sprout Online. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love Angelina Ballerina and Kipper the dog! Sprout is such a fun channel for the kiddies... Have to admint I am glad to be past the Barney stage! ;-)

Alex said...

Thank you ladies...

I love this channel but we watch it all the time..but at least he's learning