Saturday, November 20, 2010

I love Saturdays

Why do I love Saturdays? Where do I begin?
First, I love Saturdays because is the only day that I don't have to rush to go somewhere.  You know how it goes, Monday through Friday you have the usual routine; make breakfast, pack everyone lunch  for the day and then off to work and school we go.  Now, I should mention that part of my daily routine includes getting my 2 year old ready  and that by itself is a mission and half.

I don't know if you know this; I guess if you have kids you could relate, but getting my son ready in the mornings can be quite challenging.  I mean , kids  that age have the attention span of what 5 minutes, if you're lucky. So, eating breakfast, brushing his  teeth and using the potty just becomes a whole ordeal. On Saturdays, however; I don't have to deal any of  that. Not because he doesn't brush his teeth or use the potty obviously, but because we can just take it easy.


Saturdays are about waking up a little later, watching cartoons, eating breakfast whenever we want and just relaxing. You might be asking yourself  when do you get all your cleaning and laundry done?." I do all of those things in between the cartoons and the breakfast.  There is also an afternoon nap and then we do whatever we have planned for the day. Today, for example, we are taking my son to his first Holiday Parade.  Check back with me for a follow up post on how that went.

I hope everyone gets to do whatever makes you happy today, but whatever you do make sure  you do it with all of the important people in your life.


Happy Saturday!

No comments: