Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." - Cynthia Ozick

A national  holiday celebrated in the United States every year. Most people when they think of this holiday they think " yes! another day off from work or school".. or if you work on this holiday ( like I do) you think " I wish I was off". But then I started thinking of all of those military moms, wives, sons ,daughters, brothers and sisters and I feel guilty. These families have to deal with the reality that their loved ones are away  in another country not knowing when they will see that person again ( in a lot of cases).I think of the mom's that have their sons or daughters in the military and my heart aches for them. Just the thought of my son one day telling me "mom I want to  join the military" makes my heart ache and even though I would support his decision to join and I would be very proud of him, it would still hurt. A lot. So, I would like to take this opportunity to Thank you all for your service. Its because of you that we enjoy the freedom that we have. Thank you for your sacrifice. I would also like to thank the military  families, for given your soldier your  love and support. To all the veterans Thank you for dedicating your lives to servicing your country. God bless you today and always. Please  know that you are always in  our prayers and we can't wait for all of you to come home safe and sound.

No comments: